Southern Chic

1.04.2011

Tasty Tuesdays

Tuesdays I'm going to start posting recipes that I have seen online or in cookbooks that I want to make. Hopefully you will find somethings you want to try also!

Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes- The Idea Room
These look A.MAZ.ING. I mean, how could they not be, you are taking 2 already fabulous breakfast items and making them into an even more fantastic looking breakfast.
I can't wait to try these!

Asian Cabbage Salad- Our Best Bites
This salad looks awesome...and it's healthy. (After you eat these Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes you could have the Salad for dessert-They cancel each other out. I promise.)

Chocolate Chip Cheeseball-Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Yum. Just, Yum.

Beef Stroganoff in the CrockPot-Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Anything in the crockpot, I love and this just looks yummy and perfect for a cold night.

The next recipe I copied from my friend, Anne's new cookbook. She is getting married in May and her sister made her an awesome cookbook with recipes from their friends and family. This recipe looked yummy and really easy. I will have to give this a try.

Sausage Vegetable Soup

1 (14 oz) can fat free beef broth

1 (14 oz) can Italian Stewed Tomatoes

2 cup water

2 cups frozen Ore-Ida Potatoes

1 Bag frozen veggies

1 (7oz) butterball lean turkey smoked sausage link

1/8 t pepper

The butterball sausage should come packaged as 2 (7oz) links. Cut one link lengthwise, and then slice into bite sized pieces (refrigerate the other link or freeze for later use). Chop the tomatoes with kitchen scissors while still in the can. Combine the broth, undrained tomatoes, and water in a large pot. Stir in the potatoes, vegetables, sausage and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.


Let me know if you get to try any of these before me. It's a good thing I found the recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes after Christmas Break otherwise I would have made them every morning for breakfast!!!


-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment