Southern Chic

1.12.2011

a story to warm your heart.

Never would I have thought that walking into Wal-mart today would have left me with such a warm heart. I saw the Lord's work today and I feel compelled to share it with you.

For the past few days I have had a yucky bump on my eyelid. It's pink and swollen and I look a tad bit like Quasimodo from Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame."
(I'm sorry for the details....keep reading...I promise this is part of the story)

(http://www.animatedheroes.com/quasimodo.html)

Anyway, I went to my optometrist, which just so happens to be located inside Wal-Mart. I didn't have an appointment, so I had to wait quite a while for the doctor to see me.

When I first got there a man was sitting in the waiting room. I sat down across from him and he started talking to me. He told me that he was a painter and that he also picked up random other jobs. He was very friendly and we talked for a while.

A little later an older man came in. He was obviously there a lot, because the receptionist knew him by name. He was so cute. He had on bright green pants, a yellow sweater, wool socks, a blue paper boy cap, and a Members Only jacket. His hands were shaky and he shuffled his feet when he walked.

In a very loud voice, the receptionist asked him if he would like to go ahead and pay before his appointment. He nodded and shuffled up to the desk. She told him it would be $60. So, with his shaky hands, he pulled out three 20 dollar bills one by one. It seemed like his hands quivered more and more with each one.

Without flinching, the man beside me stood up and handed the receptionist $60. He told the old man to put his money away, this was on him.

The old man just stood there. At first he didn't understand. Again, he handed the receptionist the money she had asked for. She explained that the man had paid for his visit...to put his money away.

The man beside me told the old man that he just felt like it was something he needed to do.

With tears in his eyes, the old man said, "God bless you. I hope you get to live as long as I have..at 87 years old."


It was so awesome to watch God move throughout the room.
I was so blessed by this act of kindness.


The coolest part:
When the man beside me went to pay for his, something had happened with his insurance and instead of owing $80....he only had to pay $20.
The difference-$60
.

-Amelia

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, amazing story! God works wonders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love God stories like this! Our God is so great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for sharing!! Does that story surprise me? Not really...With our God there are NO coincidences. This is just more proof of what an amazing God we worship and praise!!!!! May we ALWAYS give him the Glory and Praise for His Almighty Works and may this story be a reminder of how all things are possible through HIm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is such a sweet and moving story Amelia. I'm so glad you shared this. Beautiful. Thank you!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome. thanks for sharing sis.

    ReplyDelete