Southern Chic

12.29.2010

Mr. and Mrs. Placemats

I have been dying to share these with you.

A while ago I saw these adorable monogrammed placemats over at Dot, Dot, Dot.
I loved them and thought they would make awesome Christmas presents.


I never did find cute placemats at the Dollar Store like she did, but I did find some on sale at Target that worked perfectly. I ended up deciding I would make 3 different sets of placemats. 1 for my brother and sister-in-law, 1 for my friend Caroline, and 1 for my friends Karey and Phillip.

I sat down to start the monogram, but instead I had the idea to put "Mr. and Mrs." on the top.
I used felt for the yellow and black ones and this silky black and white patterned print for the black ones.
It was so simple to applique.
If you want to make some of your own, Angel at TaDa! Creations has a great tutorial.

I love how they turned out.


I think they did too!!
I forgot to take a picture of the placemats I made for Karey and Phillip! Bummer.
This was their first Christmas with their little baby boy so I made 3 Christmas placemats and put "mommy", "daddy", and their little boys name on top.


On another note, is anyone else having a hard time taking Christmas Decorations down?
It makes me so sad. I think I'm keeping mine up until Saturday. I just can't do it yet.
Don't judge me.



-Amelia

1 comment:

  1. Oh My! I LOVE these! Made my day! Thanks for sharing, and I can not wait to share them with my readers, I know they will love them too!! Have a great day!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete