Southern Chic

12.06.2010

Christmas Cookies

I. Love. Christmas. Baking.
This will probably be the first of many posts about Christmas in my Kitchen.

Saturday night, my lovely friend Karey came over to make Christmas Cookies. I wanted to surprise her with a little gift, so I made us matching aprons.
I found red napkins at Target a while back
(I think it was after July 4th) for $1.79 for a pack of 4. (SCORE!!!!)
I used the napkins to make the aprons and added some cute green fabric as the ties and accents. I think they turned out pretty cute!!!



Here is my recipe for Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies.

1 C white sugar
1 C butter, softened
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond, and vanilla. Add egg yolk. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 8 hours or overnight (I usually just try to make it the night before)
2. Preheat oven to 375
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/3 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness, refrigerating remaining dough until ready to use. Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters. Leave cookies plain for frosting or brush with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake 7-10 minutes or until light and golden brown
Enjoy the yumminess!


Here are ours.
Karey's are on the left and much cuter than mine.
Look at her Snowlady with the red dress!!!

And what do you think our husbands did while we baked?



Despite my suggestion to watch a Christmas movie, they played video games.

And James had fun holding their little baby boy!!
What have you been baking??? Please share your recipes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment