Southern Chic

7.05.2010

This is Karey. She and her husband Phillip are some of our best friends. They are so fun to be around and we love to hang out with them! They are expecting a baby boy in September and we couldn't be more thrilled.



On Saturday, my mom and I hosted a shower for Karey and her sweet little one. The baby's room is decorated in frogs so we used that theme for the shower. The colors were greens and yellows.


This was Karey's corsage. I made a fabric flower using coordinating fabric and then sewed a pin on the back.






The sweet baby's name is Sanders. I made this banner to hang over the gift table. I used green and yellow fabric and appliqued the letters of his name onto coordinating fabric. Then I sewed them onto brown ribbon to hang. I love the way it turned out and brought the colors together!




We used baby clothes on a clothes line and children's books for decorations on the mantle. The little plant in the middle is in a glass container that looks like a block and spells "Baby."









To stay with the theme I made a matching set for the baby. I used this tutorial for the bib and this one for the baby block.










My mother-in-law found this adorable green and pink frog. He was perfect on the drink table!!








Karey-Mom and I had a blast planning this shower!! I can't wait to meet that beautiful boy!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment