Southern Chic

10.23.2010

Pumpkin Goodness

I am OBSESSED with pumpkin this Fall. I have been wanting to put pumpkin into everything. Let me tell you how delicious a little pumpkin and pumpkin spice is stirred into oatmeal in the morning. I wake up CRAVING it.

The other night I was craving something chocolate, but I also wanted some pumpkin bread. SO, I found a recipe for pumpkin bread and added chocolate chips instead of raisins. DELISH!
I love cinnamon and chocolate together and the pumpkin just screams Fall. You have got to give it a try.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Wet Ingredients

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup sour cream

1/2 cup water

2 eggs

Dry Ingredients

1-2/3 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

3/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out)

http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif

1/2 cup raisins or I added semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

3/4 teaspoon salt

1-3/4 cups sugar

In a large bowl, add pumpkin, sugar, oil, water, sour cream and eggs. In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients together. Slowly add to the pumpkin mixture and mix together. Stir in walnuts (I left these out) and raisins or chocolate chips. Add batter to a greased loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 70 min. (Mine only took about 50 min) Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes (If you can wait that long!!!!!) then move to a wire rack or in my case, directly on a plate.

What recipes have you tried this Fall? Please share them with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment