Southern Chic

2.26.2011

Headband Tutorial

A sweet friend of mine asked me to make her a headband.
She wanted it to be black with a flower.

To make your own you will need:
knit fabric
scissors
hot glue/needle and thread
headband
button
felt

I started by cutting 8 circles out of my knit fabric. It's okay if the circles aren't perfect. You can trim them up later. I just used an old ribbon spool to outline the size of my circles.



Then fold the circle once in half, then in half again. It will look like a pizza (or a petal.)



Then cut a circle out of felt. This circle needs to be slightly smaller than the others.


Then start arranging 4 of your petals on your felt. I chose to be lazy and hot glue them to the circle, but you can certainly sew them on.



Then arrange the second layer of petals and hot glue those on.

(sorry for the blurry picture...not sure how that happened)

Then hot glue a button to the middle.

Give it a gentle shake to make the petals fluff a little bit and your flower is done.

Now, hot glue the flower to your headband and place another piece of felt on the back. (I forgot to take a picture of this, but you get the idea.)



I hope she likes it!
I can't wait to make some more in different colors.


-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment