Southern Chic

8.23.2010

Canvas Look Alike

Well, Hellooo! It's been a while. We had an awesome time on our cruise in Alaska. What a gorgeous state! It was so incredible to experience the sights with family and I know this vacation will be remembered for years to come.

As soon as we got back, though, it was back to school for me! And an interesting back to school it was. I have taught Kindergarten for 4 years. At the last minute I ended up having to change to a new position which kind of threw me for a loop. I think God does that sometimes to get us out of our comfort zone. Although I am sad about not having my own Kindergarten "Babies", I am up for the challenge and excited to try something new!

Anyways, I've been doing some crafting lately and wanted to share it with you! I adore canvas prints and wanted to have some our wedding pictures printed that way, but I didn't really want to spend $70-$100 for each one. Then I found this on Kristen Duke's Photography website and couldn't wait to give it a try.

I went to Sam's and got 3 12 x 16 wedding prints made. All three cost me $8.77. Then I went to Lowe's and got a 16x 36 board for $7. The friendly man at Lowe's cut it for us for free! They are so nice! I came home and spray painted the sides of all three boards.
Then I set the pictures on the top and mod podged them on the board. I decided to put a layer of mod podge on top of the picture also and it really made it look like canvas.

We hung them in our bedroom today! I love how they turned out and they add a lot to a wall that needed some sprucing up!

What do you think? Pretty cute for $15.77. :) I made some stuff for a baby shower yesterday...will share that with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment